Just a quick update:
The time with my mom, gramma, and aunt Linda was great. We had a lot of fun on our various "adventures" (having started the trip finding a definition of an "adventure" as something that contains an odd mishap). We had several odd mishaps that made us laugh all the more, including my mom walking into a taxidermied elk. I also got to see Yellowstone again, the first time since I was 5 and my only memory of the trip was wishing I could get a teddy bear at the Old Faithful gift shop. Yep. Real significant stuff there. This time I actually remember seeing Old Faithful, and the falls, and the wild flowers, and the grizzly, and the wild flowers, and the baby buffalo, and the wild flowers. In typical fashion I took 415 pictures of the week and am in 5 of them. I did really enjoy playing with my camera so it's all good. :)
Daniel got his last signature and turned in this thesis so he is officially Dr. Daniel Bolton now.
The packing is almost done. I went to the store and pilfered 7 boxes this morning thinking it was excessive and they are almost all full now. The "I'll just pack that at the last minute" pile is larger than I expected.
Tomorrow we get to enjoy and celebrate the friendships we have made in Seattle, from hanging out with my kiddos at church to a bbq with our community group and other Seattle friends. (As a side note, pray that Julie, who is hosting the bbq, doesn't go into labor in the next 24 hours. I would love to meet Jon but it could make things complicated).
Monday we pick up the truck and load it and Tuesday we take off. A week from today we will be in our new home!! We haven't figured out internet for there yet so it might be a little while before I post.
I'm excited and feel amazingly blessed.
We MISS you! Want to see pictures of your new casa with all your stuff in it.
ReplyDelete